Sunday, April 16, 2017

HBO Girls--Endings, Beginnings, Tribute - Season 1, Episode 2

Tonight, in 15 minutes, the final show, the series finale, of Girls is going to air on HBO.

Back in January, I decided I would honor the show by making a drawing of each episode.  I couldn't, of course, include everything that happened within the episode on my page, but I could include the scenes/phrases/images that struck me the most.

Well, I only posted the first drawing of this undertaking.  I'm not sure why, probably because I have a lot of balls in the air, but now I find this last episode starting I haven't shared much with you.  I've drawn 17 shows.  I naively thought I could put together each show in a day, but it ended up being way more labor intensive.  I watched each episode quite a few times before I even decided what to put into my piece.  So, I'll begin with Season 1, Episode 2, and work my way forward.  Let's go!

Thanks for the incredible run HBO, Lena Dunham, Jenni Konner, Judd Apatow, Allison Williams, Jemima Kirke, Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver, Alex Karpovsky, Andrew Rannells, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach & so many more excellent actors!  You created something amazing, sustaining, & magical!


 Just as a reminder, here's how it started.



No comments:

Post a Comment