Sunday, February 8, 2015

Annie Lennox Put A Spell On You 2015 Grammy's

Annie Lennox SHUT it DOWN!  This woman had the entire Grammy's audience in the palm of her hand.  Hozier was lovin' it, too!  Here is true musical greatness!  The fireworks really start at 2:44.  Watch it and bow down to a master vocalist!

Annie Lennox (with Hozier) 2015 Grammy's
Here's the link.  

Let me just say, I was feelin' a little glum earlier in the day (see my prior post), but this performance, I feel empowered and ready to take on the world.  Thank you, Annie.  It will go down in history.

Here's this post from theremina on Tumblr:  Annie on Ageism:

"There’s this youth culture that is really, really powerful and really, really strong, but what it does is it really discards people once they reach a certain age. I actually think that people are so powerful and interesting - women, especially - when they reach my age. We’ve got so much to say, but popular culture is so reductive that we just talk about whether we’ve got wrinkles, or whether we’ve put on weight or lost weight, or whether we’ve changed our hair style. I just find that so shallow."
–Annie Lennox (born 25 December, 1954)
Happy 60th birthday, you badass!

No comments:

Post a Comment