Sunday, January 11, 2015

Art Journal Kickstarter - North Light Books

I have some exciting news!  Tomorrow is the official release of a book I am in called "Art Journal Kickstarter" (edited by Kristy Conlin) and it's available through www.amazon.com or www.northlightshop.com.  I found out last May that I was included in it, but the road to publication takes awhile, and you just never know if your photo, the dimensions of the artwork, final edits, etc. might kick you out.  Being a little cautious, I wanted to wait before announcing my inclusion.
Hmm, I'm not really that cautious, so I must have just been superstitious that something might go wrong if I advertised in advance. (-;

Anyway, the publishers did state that they had over 1,000 submissions and ended up choosing a final 98 or 99.  Let me tell you, I am thrilled beyond words, and for a wordy girl, that's saying a lot! (-:

Here's a picture of the cover:


Here'a another North Light book I was in which was released in November of last year:


It was a re-release, including 30 additional artists, of Leslie Riley's book from November 2013 which looks like this:


The above edition is no longer published, having been replaced by "Inspirational Quotes Illustrated" but you can get it used for $350.00.  Yowzah!

7 comments:

  1. I can totally understand you... it's amazing and sooooo great to be chosen from all those submitted works. I went for the Quotes Illustrated too but wasn't chosen :)

    So, BRAVO again! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nini. Thank you so much for your well wishes. You know, there have been many things I've submitted things to that I did not get accepted into so I hope you continue to keep trying. Let's make a pact that we'll both keep trying no matter how many "No's" we get! Sooner or later the world graces us with a sprinkling of yes's. (-: Let's do it, girl! (-;

      Delete
  2. Jill,
    I can't believe that I've never stumbled upon your blog. BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Check out www.awakeohsleeper.blogspot.com when you get a chance.
    ****looking forward to more post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian, thank you so much for stopping by and thank you for your wonderful compliment. I put a lot of work into this blogipoo so it's very gratifying to hear that you enjoy it. I checked out your blog--so much creatively! Your "Slimer Squeezer Test" video is hilarious!! Love it! (-:

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete