Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11 of 30. Companions - SOLD

I felt like using a different color palette, and my creamy, butterscotch background reminded me of my mom's entryway so I thought I would make this a grungier version.

I had toyed with leaning an umbrella up against the wall in my "Purple Door, Weathered Cobble" painting from a few days ago, but had decided against it.  That umbrella thought was still knocking at me so I granted its request and put it into this painting.  I was going to stop at the umbrella and couch, but I needed one more pop of color.  That's how the vase of pussy willows came to be.  And so, there you have it.


6 comments:

  1. The pop of such a beautiful blue is wonderful. It's a warm and cozy scene. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pattie! Yes, that blue was needed...I'm so glad I added it. (-:

      Delete
  2. Love the color combinations here - fun painting!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie. (-: It feels like a happy place to me, too!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful colors, so cozy... that chair is calling me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sheila! That chair wants you to sit in it. (-:

      Delete