Wednesday, January 22, 2014

There Must Be Somewhere Else (SOLD)

Little past 2 a.m., but just don't feel like going to bed.  Well, I'm starting to, getting tired, baby.  One day back at work and already the misty remembrance of my true life has faded.  Just feel like there must be some dusty road I should be on...on my way to some adventure, windows down, crickets chirping, "Dreams" playing on a radio. Surely my soul wasn't meant to drip, drip, drip onto a desk with a keyboard, trying to keep quiet, but always, trouble finds me.




2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so singing my tune...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you waywardpioneer. I got a backlash on this with platitudes of quotes of being happy where you're at. Give me Charles Bukowski's poetry, Lou Reed's lyrics, Jim Jarmusch's films, and no bullshit. I want honesty and truth and the admission that there is a yearning for more. It is real and it is human, not hollow. I, too, want to be floating on a cloud of marshmallow crème, but God help me, I'm not there yet and feel only pride in statements of honesty and not pontificating falsehoods of self-righteousness. I can't think of anything more boring! Now on to our true calling of which others do not have the slightest inklings! I know who you are, and I know what we've both achieved so far--we've got work of the best kind ahead of us! (-:

      Delete