Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wedded Bliss by the Numbers (Not Available)

I just finished making table decorations for a friend's upcoming wedding.  They'll simultaneously act as cake decorations for miniature cakes at each table as well as signify the table number.  They took way longer than I thought they would, but I love the results, plus, she's a sweet friend and totally worth it. (-:

I primed the surface by gessoing it once on one side and twice on the other.  Once dry, I painted them with non-toxic, pearlized (some matte) paint.  I free-handed the numbers in India ink, painted the interior of them with several coats of white paint, and then once again, I repeated the outline in India ink.  Each number is painted a different color on each side.  I then added 3-dimensional pearlized paint--white ice on one side and a shimmery gold on the other side.  I'm a little in love with them! (-:









1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!
    Cheap Windscreen Replacement

    ReplyDelete