Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 365. I DID IT!

This is it!  The very last day.  Geez, I have been painting and painting today trying to get this big thing in my head out onto the canvas, truckin' along fine, but when I typed that title and those first three words, I started crying!  What can I say, I'm an emotional girl.

And with that being said, please let me thank all of you who have supported me.  Your generous comments and likes, words of encouragement, purchases of my art--seriously, I don't know how I would have gotten through without them.  People I have never met, you know who you are, were so supportive as well and were there with me almost the entire way!  So many friends and acquaintances gave me incredible gifts of words, that left me swelling inside and speechless.  I don't know what I did to deserve you, but thank you!  My mom and husband heard my insecurities and exhaustion and frustration, and triumphs, too, more than anyone.  Thank you for putting up with me! Thank you God and Ebert for helping me through! One thing I was going to include on this canvas, but ran out of room, was a roller coaster to represent my emotions through all of this.  Oftentimes, it was a lonely journey.  You have to plug along when you're tired, or sick and tired, through sheer force of will.  I'm grateful I learned this valuable lesson.  I hope I'm not scaring anyone from pursuing your own 365-day project, because that lesson should be felt by everyone!

Finally, thank you musicians of the world, for providing me with background music that helped me not only get through this project, but through life in general.  I can't state enough how much your talents mean to my entire life.

Love to all, thank you so, very, very much for coming along for the ride, and Merry Christmas!



"Yo, Adrian, I mean Jill!  You did it!"



"SOB!  Thank you cartoon Rocky.  You inspired me the whole way!"


 "How did you do it?"


"Well, Reporter Man, I barely remember, but here are some clues."






(Now you know what all those "Dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, DAH, dah, dah dahs were for!  "Gonna Fly Now......!")











Physical Changes:  

 
 
Innocent bystander:  "Oops!  You have black mascara under your eyes."  
Me: "No, those are dark circles.  I have not slept for a year."

Other problems:  The disappearing rear end from too much sitting.
Me:  "Where's my Brazilian Butt Lift video?"


Further sitting repercussions:
Second bystander--not so innocent:  "Oh, um, have you put on a few pounds?'
Me:  "Oh, yeah, just a few."


Reporter Man:  "You know, no one asked you to do this.  No one owes you a compliment."
Me:  "Oh, I know."
 

Me:  Um, can I have my Olympic Gold Medal now?" (-;

SYNOPSIS:  Following through...worth it all!


The last two songs that got me through, played repeatedly ad nauseam (well, it wasn't ad nauseam to me).

Joe Satriani and Grace Potter singing Neil Young's, "Cortez the Killer" live.


Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, "Backstreets," studio version.






6 comments:

  1. Brava!!! It's a wonderful accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Pattie! My fabulous, generous West Coast friend. (-:!

      Delete
  2. I am so extremely proud of you! You are awesomely talented and this venture should have validated that. I'm doing the "ahoy dance" for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Teresa! Thank you for all your encouragement, and here's to meeting up with you in the new year! (-:

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Noah Scalin, thank you so much! You are an inspiration to artists everywhere and to this one in particular!

      Delete