Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Illustrations for Hugh MacLeod & Joseph Campbell SOLD

In February 2013, Lesley Riley (http://www.lesleyriley.com/) had a call for art for her book containing her favorite quotes.  That book became "Quotes Illustrated" and was published in November and available on both her website and amazon.com.   Her book was picked up by a larger publisher, North Light Books and will be reissued towards the end of this year (2014) in a new version including 30 more pieces of artwork. 

Lesley extended a second call for art and had over 200 entries for that small amount of spaces.  I sent in an image for that art call as well.  Below is my quote from Hugh MacLeod:
One needs to have that big adventure before truly appreciating how utterly wonderful that simple, mundane stuff actually is.

And...here is my illustration for it.  I was not accepted this time around, but I absolutely love my drawing--is it bad to say that?  Hmm, I'm still going to say it, because in all honesty, I do absolutely love it.  ha! (-;


The quote and illustration that did get accepted into the original book is below.

When you follow your bliss... doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors, and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else. 
--Joseph Campbell







No comments:

Post a Comment