Thursday, May 12, 2016

Day 24 Dreaded Weekend Delay Due to Paper Cutter Gone Wild

During college, I worked at a Kinko's Copy Shop.  Ah, yes, Kinko's!  I actually had a lot of fun at that job.  I usually worked the late shift, sleeping until 11, going in at 1 p.m. and getting off in 10 p.m.  A friend at the time worked on a school newspaper, and when she would get off, we would drive 2 hours for a piece of pie or to see a band.  Sometimes we'd get home at 6 a.m., but it was all worth it, driving through that midnight air and darkness with the radio blasting!

I digress!  Anyway, the Kinko's gig was good at the time, but that paper cutter always freaked me out! I always thought I would accidentally stop thinking about what I was doing, and then suddenly cut off all of my fingers.  Luckily that never happened, but to this day, those machines seem to be the penultimate of a potential--unintentional--bloodbath!  Not sure what got me thinking on that train of thought, but here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment