Monday, October 24, 2016

Inktober Day 24 ONE DOZEN

A juggler and a baker!

Tonight I went to the grocery store determined to buy only the healthiest ingredients possible.  I also ambled over to the magazine section where I always spend way too much money.  Bruce Springsteen was on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine and there was also a great article on Sturgis Simpson in there, but it was $6.99 and yet, contained so few pages.  I already have Springsteen's autobiography, Born to Run, so I decided to pass.  But then, what's this?  A new cooking magazine by Chris Kimball called Milk Street Magazine.  Build flavor without searing meat before stewing?  Roast oranges?  Create Asian coleslaw?  What?  I flip to the front--the price is...$6.99.  And I put it into my cart and decide there's so many recipes and different foods in the universe that I just am going to have to die early with a very well-developed palate.  What can I do?  I am helpless in the face of culinary adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment