Sunday, March 1, 2015

Miss Tess and the Talkbacks

Last Wednesday, Kman and I went to see Miss Tess and the Talkbacks.  What a great group!  Here's their website so check them out.  How shall I describe them?  Patsy Kline/Stray Cat-like Brooklyn Hipsters with a blues-bending guitarist?  I don't know.  All I know is that I loved them, and they were probably one of my top groups I've seen at a local venue.  Loved their song "Downtown," the way their harmonies would swell together.  Good grief, it looks like all of my clips from that night are too big for Blogger to upload correctly.  Well, check out the 1st for about a 5-second clip to prove I was there. Ha!  Ignore the 2nd--I can't remove it for some reason.  Just check their website for more.

I drew a quick sketch of their gear before they began, and wanted to draw each of them.  I only managed a bit of the guitarist.  By the time I got to the bassist, I was getting lost in the music and put that pen down, people.  This one is a fairly rudimentary drawing, but you know, just trying to show how I'm always at it and how you should be, too! (-;







No comments:

Post a Comment