Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 248. Cricket Goo in My Shoe (SOLD)

A few nights ago, I was--what else--walking my dog Ebert right before bed.  It was dark out, and he was pulling me along.  Suddenly I felt something cold and wet on the underside of one of my feet.  We were just walking past a huge pine tree, and as you may now, a lot of times loamy material starts to form under the shade and debris of those big coniferous creatures.  I wasn't too concerned, until the streetlight shined above us, and I thought, I've got to get a good look at what I'm a feelin'.

And, eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  A squished cricket was sticking to my sole and my shoe!  I looked around and there were all sorts of these little guys jumping around on the sidewalk, out for a moonlight stroll, or hop, as if were.  Geez, I really did feel bad for the one I had squished--he had accidentally jumped into my pathway of rising foot/gaping shoe at just the wrong time.  )-:  I'm sorry cricket man.  I probably would have mourned you even more if my stomach hadn't been churning, and I hadn't been rushing toward a patch of grass for goo removal.




No comments:

Post a Comment