Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 201. Dolphins in the Off-Season (SOLD)

Several friends of mine have taken their children to Sea World or some other aquatic park for their summer vacations.  It got me to thinking, what DO dolphins do in the off-season?  No one ever talks about their day job in the frosty months.  Here's how I think they stay in shape and still bring home a paycheck during the cold light of the silvery moon.





Hmm. I wrote that last line above, and then I thought of how my Grandma Peacock used to sing that song.  Growing up, I would always watch "old movies" with her on "WGN" out of Chicago.  From 9 until 11 a.m. (was it just in the summer, was it just on Fridays?  Maybe not, because I can remember "Elvis Week" or "Clark Gable week") we would watch these old MGM movies.  I have some distant memory of hearing Doris Day sing this song from the movie "By the Light of the Silvery Moon."  Bing Crosby sang it, too.  Surprisingly, a YouTube search brought up Little Richard and Jackie Wilson crooning to it.  Who knew?!  Well, Little Richard didn't croon it--not possible.  I decided that my dolphins would probably be gliding to a version like the one below rather than rocking out and cracking the ice pond.




No comments:

Post a Comment