Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 210. Are These Bifocals Really Helping?

This painting started out as an experiment.  I wanted to work with a palette knife which I have never used before.  They stared at me from Dick Blick's wall, all shiny and professional looking.  I've had them in my mini shopping cart many a time, but have always put them back.  Not this time, baby!  I grabbed a small one, and it has hung out in my art room for only a few days.  Now is the time!  I didn't use the knife with oils, however, but rather with acrylics.  Let's see how I did, shall we?

Here's my awkward handling of it.  But gosh darn it, maybe I'm some totally twisted freak, but I really like it.  I secretly wish I still had this one. (-;


Here's where I spilled an entire bottle of red paint on the floor, my chair, and my new white skirt that I wore for the first time today.  I was 3 minutes from the finished product.  I ALWAYS think I won't get the paint on me.  Uh huh.


Here is the final product after I whipped out my brushes.  I tried to retain some of the crude painting marks.  See how he's trying to convince himself that these bifocals work? Ha!  His mouth tells the truth.


Here's a close-up of the floating eye chart I tried to put in the background.


2 comments: