Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 361. The Cookie Exchange (and Macaron Pics from Sur La Table) (SOLD)

Last Saturday I was supposed to go to a cookie exchange an hour away, but it snowed like a mother!  Instead, I stayed close by, made snow ice cream, and let Ebert frolic in the snow.  I should post those, but I'm running out of time.  I did manage to follow through and go to a "Festive French Macarons" baking class at Sur La Table recently.  It was 3 hours of fun, and a great mother/daughter/daughter-in-law team let me join their team.  How thrilling for me that the daughter lived in NYC for 16 years so I got to talk to her a little about that.  The entire class split into 3 teams and we made mint macarons with dark chocolate and brandy ganache; white chocolate macarons with peppermint candy cane buttercream; and spiced macarons with candied ginger buttercream.  Yum! Yum!  Click on the pic to get a closer look. (-;


Here's some pics of the macaron-making class. (-:
























No comments:

Post a Comment