Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cash in Angles, 4 Colors, and Glitter - SOLD

HBO has been rerunning, "Walk the Line" this past week.  That movie is so fantastic--I had forgotten how much so.  It's one of those (like "The Godfather") that once you start watching, you can't pull yourself away from it.  I always was amazed that Joaquin Phoenix didn't receive the Academy Award for his incredible portrayal.

Anyway, I needed some Johnny today...something weird is happening in the atmosphere.  We're on the precipice of both a new moon and a looming snowstorm.  I have an obligation that I don't want to do, and I feel out-of-sorts.  Mother Nature, heavy with a still grayness, aligning with cosmic duty is causing me unrest.  I was going to draw that pic. of Johnny giving the finger to the camera, but I'm kind of tired of being misinterpreted so I didn't.  I like this one though.  I don't know if you can see it, but I ran scratches through the painting to give it a little edge--or maybe it was just to reflect my edginess.

Angling Cash




Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line 1958


And P.S., here's one of the best performances on the fall 2014 run of "The Voice."  Craig Wayne Boyd doing his version of Cash's classic.


2 comments:

  1. Love this Jill, way cool. And the scratches do add to it. Thanks for sharing the videos, I had not heard Craig's version, pretty damn cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila. I'm glad you like the scratches...me, too. (-: Yes, CWB's version of that song was so awesome. I DVRed it and watched it over and over again. He deserved to win.

      Delete