Thursday, January 29, 2015

Postcards From The Edge - NYC- Visual AIDS-SOLD

Last December my friends, Lanie and John, encouraged me to send a postcard into NYC's "Postcards From The Edge," a benefit for the organization, Visual AIDS* and hosted by the Luhring Augustine Gallery, 531 W. 24th Street, NYC.  A sneak preview takes place on Friday, January 30th, with the actual benefit Saturday, January 31st and Sunday, February 1st.  You can bid online right now on some of the super famous participating artists, like Ai WeiWei, at Paddle 8.

I had been drinking a lot of blueberry smoothies at the time, and so I made this fellow, who found himself turning into a blueberry smoothie after imbibing just as many as I had.

Too Many Blueberry Smoothies


I'm so proud to be one of the participants.  For more information and a list of all artists, click here.

*From their website:  Visual Aids is an "organization that produces AIDS-focused contemporary art programs and provide supplies and assistance to artists living with HIV/AIDS, many who are unable to continue producing work without such support. All Postcards From the Edge proceeds support the programs of Visual AIDS."

UPDATE:  2/7/15  Here's a link to some of the pics from the 2015 NYC Visual Aids event:  2015 Visual Aids
AND Seriously, I really think my postcard is at the bottom (in the bottom row--1st one visible in the row) in this Steven Rosen pic-:  



2 comments:

  1. Awesome postcard Jill! I just found this on your Google+ feed. I thought I was following your blog, hmmm... checking now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila! (-: It makes me happy that you like it!

      Delete