Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 335. Giada De Laurentiis - Poor Finger!


A few months ago in September on a 93-degree day around Chicago, my mom, my cousin Beth, and I went to see Giada De Laurentiis while she was on tour to promote her children's books, "Naples! #1 (Recipe for Adventure)" and "Paris! #2 (Recipe for Adventure)."  I love Giada and have several of her cookbooks.  I think she's one of the highlights of the Food Network, and I couldn't wait to see her in person.  Plus, her almond eyes, square jaw and rectangular mouth just beg to be painted in some quirky way.  It all adds up to one beautiful face in reality, that's for sure.  I was prepared for the good looks, but what I was most surprised was how petite she was.  I know she's small, but her arms and legs were so tiny.  She doesn't look scrawny, even though she's thin, just a pint-sized beauty.

Anyway, here's my presentation of Giada with her two favorite ingredients, Parmigiano Reggiano and dark chocolate (or any kind of chocolate).  I'm going to throw in a pastry chef's favorite, Valrhona.  I think G-girl would be happiest if every recipe included these two items. (-;
 


In different lighting now wearing her "whisk" earrings:
 
 
Favorite Ingredients:



When I posted this last night, I FORGOT to include Giada's "Whisk" earrings!  The horror!  Do you like her with or without her silver accessories?


Here's our meal at La Sorella Di Francesca--you must eat Italian before seeing Giada!.

Pomegranite Martini

Moscato

My Prosciutto-Wrapped Watermelon with Basil and thick Balsamic Vinaigrette 
I could eat this one dish for the rest of my life!

 Table Bread

 Olive and 4-Cheese Pizza

 Tomato Pesto Pizza

Fresh Buffalo Mozarella, Heirloom Tomatoes, Pesto, Balsamic Reduction

 Roasted Potatoes in Olive Oil

 Crème Brûlée

My Flourless Chocolate Cake with Cinnamon Gelato and Raspberry Sauce

Giada really wasn't that far away, but I just couldn't get my phone camera to work right  (uh, yeah. the fault lies with the operator!).  Here's a couple of blurry little pics of her.





P.S.  Poor Giada sliced her finger open on that Food Network LIVE Thanksgiving special on Saturday, November 23rd. I watched about the first 1/2 hour and then turned it off.  I'm glad I missed the human slicing and dicing.  I would have fainted sitting on the couch, let alone being on national t.v.!  Here's a link to her Instagram pic--I can't bear to have you see it unless you want to view it: http://instagram.com/p/hE5ilykUqM/#


No comments:

Post a Comment