Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 42. I Like Your Pink Sunglasses.

Today as I was walking into work, there was a girl sitting on a picnic table outside (32 degrees--heatwave!) who had on a great pair of sunglasses.

Never too shy, I say to her, "I like your pink sunglasses."

"Thanks, I got them for 22 euros from a street vendor in Barcelona," she happily replies.

Ah, magical words!

I say, "'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' is one of my favorite movies!"

..

Isn't talking to people great?  I felt like I went to Europe today and didn't have to pay a cent. (-:

When Woody Allen put out that movie, I watched it over and over again!  I just love it--art, painting, Barcelona, Javier Bardem (loved him ever since seeing him in '94's "Jamon, Jamon"),
Penélope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Rebecca Hall, Spanish, great guitar playing!  I mean, what more could you want?



The soundtrack is great, too, and every time I even say the movie's name, I hear the theme song--"Barcelona" by Guilio & Los Tellarini--swirling around me for an hour afterwards.






No comments:

Post a Comment