Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 28. Eyedrop Confusion = Eyepatch Results

I first heard of artist, author, and photographer, Sabrina Ward Harrison,* when she was mentioned in one of SARK's** (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) wonderful books.  I've since read all of Sabrina's publications beginning with her debut books, "Spilling Open:  The Art of Becoming Yourself" (2000) and "Brave on the Rocks" (2001).  Give yourself a huge gift, and check them out.  It's amazing the number of people who have copied her style, but people, she was the originator of that collage and running India ink technique!

Anyway, Sabrina was kind enough to become my Facebook friend.  A couple of weeks ago she posted that she had mixed up two little bottles and squirted white paint into her eyes instead of her allergy eyedrops!  It reminded me of when I did a similar thing some years back.  My husband and I were on our way to a concert, and well, here was my comment back to Sabrina:

"You have all my sympathy! About 16 years ago, I had done the same thing--but with Clinique acne spot solution (instead of contact eyedrops)! I put that into my eye in the car as my husband and I were on our way to a concert. We had to take some exit to a hospital in the middle of nowhere and I had to have an "eye flush" for 45 minutes to flush out the salicylic acid. Sometimes all those little tubes look the same. I went to the concert with an eye patch, so at least I really looked "rock n' roll-like."

Uh-huh.  Here's a couple shots of my painting of that memory, along with me and my pirate ship:




Geez, even with an eyepatch, I still look pretty wholesome.  Maybe if they had used black bandages...

*Here's Sabrina's website:  http://www.sabrinawardharrison.com/ee/  (Make sure you have the /ee/ on the end.

**Here's Sark's website:  http://www.planetsark.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment