Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 9. "Dating, Portlandia Style, Part I" $25

I am obsessed with the IFC show, "Portlandia."  It is hilarious, weird, crazy, true, cutting-edge, and all-around fabulous.  I don't know about you, but I spent my rockin' New Year's Eve watching a Portlandia marathon.  Later, through bleary-eyes, I realized it went on to replay during normal viewing hours, but what's the fun in that?  I'd seen most of them, of was able to catch up on the handful I had missed.

I crack up everytime I hear Carrie say, "Most people from Portland are just from Brooklyn" or "Put a bird on it."  Fred says, "Portland is a city where young people go to retire."  Wish I were there!

In Season 2, Episode 1, Carrie (Brownstein-WA band, Sleater-Kinney) and Fred (Armisen-drummer, Blue Man's Group) are at a bar where Carrie spots the bartender.  But he's not just a bartender, he is a bartender extraordinaire--in other words, a mixologist!  She thinks she recognizes him as as someone she used to go to camp with when they were younger.  No matter.  The flirt is on!!  And in Portland style, the way to continue the flirt--"to keep the momentum going" is to return that delicious mixed drink with a mixed tap.  Ah, the mixed tape...such an art in it.  Filling in all those little lines on the cardboard insert...but wait!  I'm giving too much away.  Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3! ($25-1; all 3 $65)




Catch this clip if you don't know what the h-e-double-toothpick I'm talking about.


No comments:

Post a Comment