Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 31. Inspiration - Fleeting - Part 3

Finally, I can't tell you the number of times I've thought, I don't need to write that down.  I'll never forget that idea or those words or what this sketch means.

Not long ago I went to sleep thinking about some brilliant idea. Well, it really didn't seem brilliant, but it was a good idea for a painting.  I briefly thought about getting up and writing it down, but I was sooooooo tired.  I went to sleep and fleshed the idea out more fully in my dreams.  About 2 a.m., I woke up, and I had a nudging, this one more insistent than the first that said, "get up and write it down."  But the idea was so easy to remember--I tested myself, do I still remember it?  Yes, I totally do!  It's so easy, so simple, no way I could forget it.  I slept fitfully, because I kept waking up, assuring myself of my sufficient memory recall, and falling back to sleep.

Well, you can see where this is going more clearly than the fate of two frisky teenagers in an abandoned woods in a "Friday 13th" sequel.  I woke up in the morning, and I thought, what was it?  I couldn't remember AT ALL.  Nothing.  Later, while taking a bath, often the place where warm water and mindless thinking bring forth a light bulb moment, I almost, almost grasped a detail.  It was right within my reach....what....was....it?  And then, it was gone.  Floating off into a sadly beautiful, amorphous, shimmery cloud with all the other inspirational thoughts I had let slip away with passing time and lack of a notepad.



No comments:

Post a Comment