Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 156. Chris Robinson - When Your Soul Is In It

 I went to see the Black Crowes on Tuesday night (today's Thursday) with three other good friends.   I've seen the BC's three times, and they never disappoint.  Chris wore a plain "RC Cola blue" colored t-shirt, raggedy jeans, grungy beard, and sweat.  Perfect attire for Georgia rockers who do just that--rock out.  I like REAL music.  Rock music with a blues base.  I guess that's why the Rolling Stones are my favorite of all time, and why these true, get-down and dirty dudes are right up there at the top of my list.

Here's my take of Chris in "She Talks to Angels." (I think if you could see the hair on the sides of the canvas he would look less Jesus-like.)  Following that is a shot of my desk after making the pic; the set list we heard; a GREAT version of that song from Youtube performed at the Artist's Den; and finally a couple of videos I shot at our concert.  Also, I was using my Canon camera to record, and because I can't stand looking through a viewfinder instead of looking at the experience happening right before my eyes, most of the time I'm just shooting my camera DOWN into the dark abyss of a seat.  It's doesn't matter. Just hit play, and rock out.



4 comments:

  1. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=564384

    If you can imbed videos into your web offerings then you are probably able to figure out how to download the entire show. It sounds good.....and this is the recording by the guy standing directly behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am embarrassingly behind the times, but one day I'm going to be able to do all these webby things! I have about 3 more I could post--all of "She Talks to Angels" but my friend and I were verbally swooning so much in those, I thought it would be too unbearable for the masses! (-; I'll check out your link.

      Delete
  2. Who Better Than StonesMay 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM

    By the way....cool picture! :)

    ReplyDelete