Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 299. Surprising Deliciousness of a Jelly Belly® Flavor

I came home after going out to dinner last night, and watched the Boston Red Sox eliminate the Detroit Tigers, and then drifted off to my room and started to paint this portrait of the most memorable part of my dinner.  I mean, the meal was delicious--spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette; garlic mashed potatoes; medium-rare Gorgonzola  topped tenderloin filets with a mushroom marsala sauce, and a nice glass of cabernet-sauvignon.  But the medium-rare nature often veered to rare, which I ate, but occasionally got a smell of--I don't know, blood? )-:  I did not finish it.  I'm obviously an omnivore, but for some reason, I find myself just wanted to eat beans and rice and hot sauce right now. 

O.K., so on our way out, there are always a variety of Jelly Belly® flavors you can get from a couple of old-fashioned gumball machines.  Last night they had "caramel corn*."  Normally Jelly Belly® jelly beans are too sweet for me, but this flavor was a complete revelation!!  So delicious, as I show below! (-; Ha!

Can I say, I'm very happy with how this turned out, the eyes and fingers especially.  I went to bed at 2 a.m. and woke up with a swollen wrist, a frequent development throughout this project.  Anyway, I think it was worth it. (-:

*UN MOMENTITO-  I was just about to publish this and put a link to the caramel corn, but I think the beans were mislabeled.  Mine were definitely creamy white and yellow--I think I was eating the BUTTERED POPCORN flavor!!  Well in any case, here's the Jelly Belly® link--choose for yourself:  www.jellybelly.com



Here are the eyes with three different light sources. (outside included).













No comments:

Post a Comment