Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 302. Even Indian Summer Was Over (Farewell Ice Cream Man) NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Here's another one I started awhile back and abandoned.  I spent 4 hours completing it today (well, the middle of the night--I couldn't sleep).  I was going to call it "Farewell, Ice Cream Man," but after it SNOWED big fat, wet flakes in Illinois yesterday--October 22nd--before Halloween, I thought, "Even Indian summer is over."

Just two Fridays ago it was 80°F (26.6°C), and my friend and I were eating at an outside cafe.  Two days later, Oct. 13th, I took this pictures around our neighborhood.  I like the juxtaposition of the still green trees flush with autumn leaves of brilliant orange and gold.  The sky was so blue, and I even caught catches of summer flowers, still holding on.  Alas, by the end of the week it was turning cold, the furnace was on, and yesterday, I actually wore my winter coat.  Sadly, I'm already reminiscing the last gift of summer weather seen below.


 16" x 20" (Oval)



October 22, 2013

October 13, 2013
























No comments:

Post a Comment